Helping You Keep More of What You've Earned

We are Maui's tax preparation specialists. E  E   very individual tax situation is nuanced, varied, and can change from year to year. By taking the time to analyze your unique circumstances, we’ll make certain that you’re not only in compliance with all federal and state regulations, but that you receive the most advantageous tax treatment legally available to you.  

Preparation of All Federal & State Tax Returns

  • Form 1040
  • Form 1040NR for non-residents
  • Multi state returns
  • Hawaii General Excise Tax returns

Small Businesses

If you’re filing a Schedule C, we will assist you in navigating many of the tax issues unique to small businesses. We’ll offer tips and advice on tax planning and bookkeeping strategies that you can implement right away.  If your income fluctuates, we will work with you throughout the year to appropriately adjust your quarterly estimates.

Rental Properties

Whether you own a long term rental or a vacation property, it’s important to understand the deductibility of expenses and the limitations on losses.  In this area, advanced planning can be crucial so that there are no surprises at tax time. 

If you live out of state or abroad and own a vacation rental property in Hawaii, we can help with your annual income tax filings and GET/TAT returns.  If you sell your property and are subject to 10% federal withholding and/or 5% state withholding, you may be eligible for a withholding exemption if the required paperwork is filed in advance of closing.  Call us before the deal is done and we will assist with all the necessary FIRPTA and HARPTA filings.

Advanced Tax Planning

Thinking about installing solar panels?  Selling your home? Adopting a child? Sending a child to college? Advance planning is crucial, which is why we’re available to answer your questions all year long. Tell us about it and we’ll do the work of identifying the tax implications and benefits so you can explore all the options before tax season arrives.

Cancellation of Debt and Foreclosures

Did you know that if a lender discharges all or part of a debt that you were personally liable for, you may owe income tax on the cancelled debt?  Depending on your situation, you may qualify to exclude the cancellation from income.  If you’ve received a 1099-C, we can help you determine your tax obligations.

IRS and State Representation

If you’ve been receiving notices from the IRS or the State, our CPAs can help you through it.  We offer assistance with the following tax issues:

  • Audit Representations
  • Unfiled tax returns
  • Payroll Tax Problems
  • Back Taxes
  • Liens, Levies & Seizures
  • Wage Garnishments
  • Installment Plans
  • Offers in Compromise
  • Innocent Spousal Relief

For more information, please visit the IRS & State Representation service page.